Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Quote Me...

I like to read business books and usually they include a lot of quotes from famous historical people and big business people. A lot of times the quotes are really like a common sense statement that isn't really much of a quote. Sometimes I'll read a quote and I can't help but think "man, I wish I came up with that". Here are some quotes I really like and wish I could take credit for them.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge... " - Albert Einstein

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." - John F. Kennedy

"It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have?Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

"They may take our lives, but they will never take our freedom!" - William Wallace

These are just a couple quotes I like, and I think it would be cool if I had said them. Do you have any particular quotes that maybe inspire you or are important to you for any reason? Please feel free to share them. Also, is there anything you frequently say or have said that you think people should quote you on? Let me know and I'll see if I can find a way to use your quote and I'll give you credit for it.

Here's one of mine, (hopefully it hasn't been said before)
"Don't treat some one how you want to be treated, treat them how he/she wants to be treated"
or maybe this one:
"Tolerating poor customer service as a customer is an encouragement for that service to continue poorly."

Have fun with this, I'm sure you all have some great stuff to say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some quotes I have found, "God wants Spiritual Fruit, not religious nuts"
"Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant"
The only place where you start at the top is digging a whole"
"The speed of the leader the speed of the team"
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going"

MillerTime said...

Mike - Thanks for those quotes, the funny thing about dogs and fire hydrants is, has anyone ever actually seen a dog go to the bathroom on a fire hydrant?

Anonymous said...

I have seen a dog pee on a fire hydrant.
Lucky me!
Not many quotes are coming to mind except one that my "mommy friends" and I use a lot - "This too shall pass". We use it more lightly than I think it was intended. Just to encourage each other that one day we will sleep through the night again, or our kids' naps will overlap, or teething will end ...