Monday, March 3, 2008

What have you always wanted to do?

Alright folks now is your chance to tell the whole world (or at least those that read this blog) all the things you have always wanted to do, even if they are things that you are pretty sure you never will do. Regardless of whether or not they will happen or not, I think it is fun to imagine, so to get your creative juices flowing I'll list some of mine and who knows, perhaps you'll be inspired to make some of things on your list come to be.

1. I'd like to be the star of some big epic action movie like Gladiator or 300. Though I am well aware that I don't really have the look or the voice for a role like that so maybe I would be content with being a close friend of the main character who does something really tough or heroic.

2. I would like to compete in the olympics, play in the NFL, and play in the U.S Open (Tennis, not golf), and compete in an Ironman competition.

3. I would like to be a politician, if not president then at least Governor of California.

4. I would like to be an author of fantasy novels

5. Bill Gates gives somewhere around 45-55% of his wealth away, I would like to be the one to decide where that money goes. (No, I would not just pocket it for myself, I have it in me to be a great philanthropist)

6. I would like to be on American Gladiators, Survivor and the Amazing Race.

7. I would like to go back to the 16/1700's and spend some time as a sailor.

8. After I'm dead I would be very pleased to know that books were written about me and that I had some positive impact on humanity outside just my family and friends.

9. I would like to race in the Iditarod (that's the dog sledding race in Alaska)

10. I would like to try shooting a real life sniper rifle to see if my video game skills transfer over.

11. I would like to have the 1984 movie Red Dawn really happen and lead the resistance against the invading Russians.

Alright so now you know some of my most far fetched fantasies. Let's hear what you can come up with. Maybe, just maybe I have the power to make it happen for you, we'll see!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a lot of neat things Jonathan!
I would like to have a stylist and hair/makeup team! I have always considered being an aerobics instructor (and already have the certification to do so). I have always wished I had an amazing singing voice and could be famous and touring for it. I always wanted to be a dancer, and if I was a singer, I would have been one who had a lot of dancing in my performances and music videos. A new wish is to be a runner - and a good one!
And I always wanted to be a wife and mother - and now that I am one, I want to be the best one possible for my husband and kids!

Anonymous said...

Fun idea Jonathan.
I would like to be a vocalist and guitar player in a band that is well known and very good.

Be independently wealthy, and create teams of volunteers that would go to areas in the U.S. and provide medical treatment of all kinds, spiritual and emotional counsel, marriage and parenting assistance all free of charge.

Be a spiritual advisor and mentor for famous important people.

Write mystery novels

Go on kayak expeditions.

Make a positive difference in people's live

Stephanie said...

I have always thought it would be cool to be a Secret Service agent for the President.

I also think it would be cool to be in the CIA.

I'd like to know a lot about food and be a gourmet chef.

MillerTime said...

Hey thanks for the posts guys. I enjoyed reading them. I would challenge you to pick something from your list and try to make it happen.

Allison - I think you're already working on the running thing, so good luck with that.

Mike (Dad) - If you choose the kayak expeditions count me in, but you better do your fair share of paddling. And don't worry, I can swim so if we tip over I'll save you.

Steph - There might be a size requirement for the secret service, but the CIA might see it as a strength when it comes to being sneaky.

Anonymous said...

I have also always wanted to compete in the Olympics, finish the Iron Man and be on the Amazing Race! (I never knew you wanted to do an Ironman!)

My own thoughts would include:
1. visit the seven natural wonders of the world
2. hike Mt. Kilimanjaro
3. speak spanish fluently
4. chase a bad guy down the street and beat them up (only after they had done something bad, of course)
5. be the crossing guard
6. sky dive

. said...

Nice work Millertime; I was particularly interested in being a sniper but I figured that you would probably like to watch me since you learned everything from me anyway. Miller sometimes you and I are pretty similar.
I'm pretty sure that every guy at some point has dreamed about being a war hero and just working over hundreds of guys coming at you and beating the odds and saving the day.
I want to one day have a positive influence on many peoples lives. And as I think about that I realize that I have that opportunity everyday. God has placed us where we are for a reason. He has given us our friends, neighbors, co-workers all so that each day we can touch their lives in a positive way with Gods Love.
All of us right now live in an extremely wealthy society, if we have a roof over our head and food on our plate then we have the ability to give. Give to Gods kingdom, to His people doing His work and supporting His church.

I do not mean to change the mood of your posts but that is the first thing that I thought of.

And now my list:

1. To be Mr. CBU

2. Participate in an ironman.

3. Go to space or go on that plane that can make you weightless.

4. Be able to dunk on pretty much anybody I choose.

5. Be fluent in a foriegn language.

6. Test drive cars for Motor Trend.

7. And finally, be the best dad and husband that I can be.

Riegs

Anonymous said...

Reading the lists of others reminds me of more things! And Jonathan's encouragement makes me think of my "list". Mike and I each keep a list of "35 by 35". It is 35 things we want to do/experience/accomplish before we turn 35. It is fun .. and fun to check things off. Amy's comment reminded me that speaking Spanish is on my list! That one is a goal that will help with my career when I go back to work. And there are other smaller goals - like get a facial - which I did and it was fun ... and ride the Roaring Camp Train - which I also did - and it was boring ...
It might be a fun thing for you and your spouse to choose an age and create your own lists.

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed looking at the post and responses for this one. I think it is good to reflect on the things in life that you would like to accomplish and the things that you have accomplished. Here are some things from my "35 by 35" list:

-Own a business

-Work from home

-Own a dirtbike(maybe when Mason gets older, Abby can come too)

-Have a 3 car garage

I guess to sum it all up, I want to be wealthy, not filty rich, but well off enough to work less and play more.

MillerTime said...

Great Ideas everyone.

Amy - I don't really want to go through the training or the misery of actually doing an Ironman, I just want the feeling of having completed one.

Riegs - I think you made a mistake in yours. You said you taught me how to snipe, but what I think you meant was one of the things you would like to do is have me teach you how to be a legit sniper. If I ever get rich maybe I'll get some sniper rifles and show you a thing or two.

Allison - You better hurry, you're getting close to 35!!!

Mike - Let me know what business and I'm in. I think we could setup a tight mechanic shop, I have some ideas I'll run past you.

Hey great stuff guys, way to get the creative juices flowing. Stay tuned for my next thought provoking post.

Anonymous said...

ha! Thanks for the short joke - I haven't heard one in a while. :)