Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What happened to creative?


When was the last time you were creative?


Creative in your job, your free time, your relationships, your daydreams?


When you are creative how creative are you?


Is there anything that discourages you from creativity? Why? and do you discourage others from being creative?


What do you and the people around you think of creative people?


I have some thoughts on these questions but I'm gonna wait a couple days before I post them. I wanna hear what you have to say first.

2 comments:

mcgregorfamily said...

Okay- maybe I am thinking more about being imaginative....because the first thoughts that come to mind are the silly things I do to encourage the kids. For example: Pretending our house is a huge ocean and we better swim around as fast as we can to rescue all their toys from sinking! (Sly plan to get them to clean up their toys.) Or when we gather tape, scissors, paint and markers- then dig through the recycling can to find the perfect parts to create a project....a race car, house, bed for their stuffed animals....
Or when I create healthy snacks and meals that appeal to them.
In general, I am not creative! And I am probably not the most supportive toward being creative (and dreamers). It is just not my style. I am a "check it off the list" person who wants things done timely...and sometimes I will forsake the quality just for the time saved. But for the sake of my children- to help them learn, eat healthy foods, get exercise, have fun and create memories of a fun mom who loves being home with them- I get creative just for them. They love it and are excited about it and as their mother, I do anything for them and I do it happily and enthusiastically!
I am anxious to hear your thoughts...and others' as well :)

Mike from boulder creek said...

Creativity sounds fun. I am leaving shortly to preach a sermon on worry. I want to be creative but I keep worrying about how I will do. I think this is draining me of creative energy. Maybe I will be creative next time.