Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Which is the most outrageous

Make your pick.

1. Our government is about to pass a bill to extend unemployment benefits as well as a couple other programs to help people out in the tough times we're going through. I've seen varying amounts but it looks like the cost of the bill will be around $130 billion. They have found ways to cover a portion of the cost (around $30 billion) so the other $100 billion or so will just get tacked onto our national debt. Will we ever stop spending money we don't have?

2. I heard on the radio yesterday that they US Postal Service has 15,000 employees that they don't need. Due to union contracts they are not allowed to fire these employees so they are forced to keep paying them. They have to cut costs some how, so they are looking into stoppage of mail delivery on Saturdays. Why have we ever let unions have so much power?

3. A chef is making cheese using his wife's breast milk and serving it in his restaurant. People have been visiting the restaurant and calling the chef, eager to try this "human cheese". Would you like your's sliced on a sandwich or a nice chunk of it to chomp on?

3 comments:

Mom said...

Hmmm. Tough choice but I think maybe the government. I can't even think in the billions! Spending money we don't have will catch up to us some day. I think the unions were a good thing when they first began, they were needed, but now they have too much power! And I do not want to eat cheese made with breast milk! No thank you.

. said...

The first two appaul me and the third one makes me gag but hey it's not like people have to eat there!

mcgregorfamily said...

Tough choice between 1 and 2. I guess i am used to the government being over budget and I have not thought enough about it to have better ideas for the umemployment benefits (although I am generally a "fend for yourself" type). I had heard of the PO- and the idea to drop Saturday mail and maybe even go to and every-other day delivery system. With all the the CA labor laws to protect employees, unions are no longer needed.

The breast milk- well- that does not sound outrageous, it sounds like I should go into business!! Haha! Just kidding, but it did not surprise me because I know someone who was experimenting with using her own breastmilk in recipes. Since I was already grossed out by this, number 3 on the list made me laugh!