Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cool Little Shop



On Sunday Amy, Brittany, Tim and I went out to LA for an exciting little adventure. We went to Galco's Soda Pop Stop (http://www.sodapopstop.com/). It is a pretty awesome store. This guy has over 500 types of soda and none of it is coke and pepsi products. He gets stuff from all over the world and it is all in glass bottles which apparently maintains its flavor and carbonation better than plastic bottles. The guy who runs the store is pretty cool. Here's a link to where I found out about the guy, its a cool little video, http://videos.komando.com/2009/10/11/amazing-soda-shop/


I Included some pictures up above of some of the sodas we bought, but here's a list.

Double Cola
Bubble Up
Rat Bastard Root Beer
Leninade
Mr. Cucumber "The Original Cucumber Soda"
Route 66 Orange Soda
Izze Sparkling Clementine
Virgil's Black Cherry Cream Soda
Dr. Pepper - The Original Flavor
Moxie
Jack Black's Blue Cream Soda
Kickapoo Joy Juice
Sioux City Sarsaparilla
Sweet Blossom "The Original Rose Petals Soda"
Chocolate Soda

This was a pretty cool little shop and I recommend it to anyone who happens to be out in LA. You'll certainly find a soda you like and if you don't, you'll at least have fun searching for one. They also have like 400 varieties of beer and a bunch of old fashioned candy brands.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Hey! I would like to get some of that Moxie one for Jeff Moxon. That's a nickname for him and I think it might be his business name too.

mcgregorfamily said...

That looks fun! If you still have some when we come down, I want to try one or two :)

MillerTime said...

Mom, The Moxie tastes horrible but if you really want to get him some you can order it off the store's website.

Allison, I'm not sure when you're coming down next but how long do you really think any soda would last in my house?

Michelle said...

thanks for sharing some of the sodas with us! I dont think I will ever forget what cucumber soda tastes like!