Monday, March 5, 2007

People are getting crazier!

Here are a few things I've noticed recently that would demonstrate the craziness of people in our world.

Al Gore got an academy award for pointing out that there is a problem in the world, way to go Mr. Brilliant, problems are a dime a dozen, its solutions that we should give awards for.

I have recently been watching morning shows while I eat my breakfast and I'd say a good 90% of the "news" is about what celebrities are doing. Why is it important if Brittany Spears shaves her head? Amazingly this is considered pertinant information that needs to be given a 7 minute segment on the show, while things like the medical care our troops are receiving, or the state of our economy and the stock market get like 30 second snippets or less. It seems like if people wanted to know about the personal lives of other people they would be interested in people like their brain surgeon or maybe their accountant, they do a lot more for us than any celebrity ever has.

I recently read a case study for school detailing how PETA (people against unethical treatment of animals) was going after KFC for how chickens are treated before they are killed. While I don't think that animals should be kept in torturous conditions I think PETA is a ridiculous organization. Their ultimate goal is to eliminate the meat industry because they feel that animals do not exist for us to eat, wear or be entertained by. Anyone who thinks the USA would stop eating meat is absolutely crazy. Furthermore I think they know their aims are crazy because they don't require their members to be vegans, if they did they would probably see their membership of 750,000 drop to something like 5,000.

More to come on the craziness of people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My version of PETA:
People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.