Thursday, August 9, 2007

A more positive note

So I seemed to have struck a chord with things that are a bit obnoxious in the last post. This time I've decided to go for something a little more positive. I'd like to talk about some things that I really enjoy. Not the obvious things, but the smaller things that can really make my day.

I really like soda that comes from a soda fountain, it tastes the best and I really like it when a place has Dr.pepper on tap. On a similar note I like it when a waitress or waiter brings me a refill right before my glass is empty, and when they just bring me one without asking if I want one.

I love the show Seinfield, and I don't think any other sitcom will capture comedy on that level. The Office is really funny but its different, Seinfield is a true gem.

I like when I'm playing basketball and I'm able to shoot a three pointer without thinking about it and it goes in perfectly. It doesn't happen that often but it is encouraging to know that my body can do it, and there's always the chance that I can get better and do it more frequently.

I like it when I am remembered places. Whether its the Doctor's offices I visit for work, or some where else that I frequent regularly. It is a good fealing to be remembered fondly and greeted warmly when you enter a place.

I like seeing people from High School. Even though there are some I don't really like and don't necessarily want to be close friends with, there is something about a brief re-living of the past that is enjoyable.

I like being able to provide a good music playlist for people when they come and hang out at my apartment. I like to try and anticipate songs they will like or songs that they will remember from back in the day. It may not always be noticed or appreciated but I like doing it regardless, because I always appreciate it.

These are just a few of the simpler things that I like. I would encourage you to think about some of the things that may not seem that significant but are enjoyable to you in your life. Please post them in your comments if you have the time, I look forward to reading them.

Check out the new poll as well and post your response. The last one was interesting, I am shocked that people actually selected that they would fall into the bottom of an outhouse and stay there, I really don't think I can think of anything more disgusting than that but i'll try.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I think that having young ones has taught me to enjoy many things in life that are often overlooked. Abby is my explorer. She makes me slow down to see the rocks. She carefully inspects them as if they are tiny treasures. She stops to stare at the sky and points out clouds or a plane with such excitement. Bubbles, water, bugs, leaves ... play-doh, all of these simple things are amazing to her. I like seeing the world through her eyes.
Mason's smile makes me feel like the most important person on earth! He laughs like I am the funniest person in the world ... and I enjoy my baby so much! I love to watch him sleep. I love all his rolls! I love how content he is just sitting back and watching life.
I also enjoy drive through coffee and drive through Rx! I think every store should offer drive through! With 2 kids in tow ... this makes errands so much easier!
I enjoy wind. I like the sounds it makes and the way it feels.
I like the feel of the sun warming my skin.
I like running when it is really cold and foggy out.
I like the feel of fresh sheets on the bed.
I like a towel right out of the dryer.
I enjoy so many things! But those are some of them ...
And I have to add that I enjoy your blog. It helps me feel more connected to you since we live far apart.

MillerTime said...

Allison, Thanks for posting, I'm glad you enjoy the blog among other things. You and anyone else are more than welcome to tell your friends about the blog as well, that way I can expand my readership. Maybe if I get enough readers some one will offer me a talk radio program.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy helping people do things that they can't do for themselves.
I enjoy remembering things that make people feel special.
I like it when Garrett runs toward me yelling "Aunt Amy!" and then turns around and runs back before he gets to me.
I like thinking of the perfect gift to give someone that lets them know I'm paying attention!
I like it when the sky turns pink in the evening and the breeze is cool.
I love it when it first snows and the sky is clear and you can see the snow on the mountain tops.
I like taking naps.
I love knowing that there is a plan that is much greater than me or anything I could imagine, but I get to be a part of it anyway.
Amy

Anonymous said...

I love early morn, when it is quiet and cool. I love fresh coffee in the morn. I love playing with my grand kids.
I love reading a good mystery
I love music and watching people perform. I like playing my guitar, especially with others who are good.
I like eating out with good friends.
I like being recognized, I love fresh baked bread, I love a thick, juicy hamburger, I like being on a lake in a canoe. I like the smell right after it rains.
I love my kids, I love seeing them, hearing them express their opinions

sherry said...

The joy you get from being remembered places reminds me of "our" coffee shop freshman year. I don't even remember its name. I do remember that you wanted our friends to frequent it, so we could be like the cast of Friends. I think we only went once:)

Amy gave me your blog address, by the way.