Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I forgot the Jesus Part

Ok so here's the part about Jesus and customer service. Jesus's life was based on doing something out of love for people. He had no other motive than a love for us to come to earth and die on the cross. Similarly the way he treated people was rooted in a love for them. Even in dealing with people he probably got frustrated with like the pharisees (angry customers) he didn't lash out and kill them all, he was firm and truthful with them and sometimes he had to tell it how it was, but he loved them all the time. So I like to think that if Jesus were running a business he would treat all of his customers with love regardless of how much money they were spending or if they were spending any money at all. He said that the second greatest command is to love our neighbor as our self. If that were the basis for customer service things would be significantly different. Doing business with people would be a chance to not only supply them with products and services they need or want, but it would also be an opportunity to show them that you care about them how Jesus wants you to. Unfortunately this is basically a Christian principle so it is hard to expect it of a non-christian business world. But I am still convinced that serving customers out of love is the absolute best way to run a business.

Hope everyone's doing well, I'll probably have another post up by the end of the week, I've had something on my mind that I'd like to share with everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude you didn't post up the video I shared with you. Ohh well maybe you weren't able to. I do however appreciate your belief on serving others out of love. I know you'll be very successful in life and I am glad your grounded on your beliefs.

-E-